We Respect Your Privacy
What personal information we Collect and Hold
The kinds of personal information we collect from you or about you depend on the transaction you have entered into with us, services you have contracted us to provide, and services you are interested in.
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, telephone number and postal address. We may also collect confidential information from you such as financial information, customer details and business plans. This may include but is not limited to when you:
- Visit our Website or send us an email with your details to an email address displayed on the Site
- Subscribe for further communication
- Fill out a form on our Website
- Engage us in connection with activities, services or features we make available on our Website.
We may also collect non-personal identification information about you when you are using our Website. This can include information identified through platforms such as Google Analytics.
We also collect information about your usage of our Website by using cookie files in our Website. Cookies do not personally identify you, although they do identify your browser. They let us know what you find interesting and useful, which allows us to keep improving our Website and provide you with a more tailored service.
Cookies help us to:
- Recognise your individual preferences as a user of our Website; and
- Provide you with services and features tailored to your needs when you visit our Website by storing your individual preferences
You can accept or reject cookies by changing the relevant settings in your browser. However, if you decline cookies, you may be unable to access certain functions of our website.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information from you so that we can:
- Provide you with our services or obtain services from you;
- Provide you with information, material, and news in relation to our services;
- To conduct customer research to obtain your feedback on your experiences with us;
- To improve our Website and services we offer to you;
- To provide you with newsletters, information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be useful to you;
- To conduct consumer profiling and Website traffic monitoring;
- In order to comply with governing laws and regulations.
Where we use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, you can opt out at any time by notifying us. Opt out procedures are also included in our marketing communications.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties, or make any other use of your personal information, for any purpose which is not incidental to your use of our Website or our services except:
- With your consent;
- To our related entities in order to provide you with a service or related promotions offered by our related entities;
- To approved agencies and regulatory bodies who assist us in providing you with the services;
- To the relevant State or Commonwealth Government body to meet mandatory reporting requirements;
- To partners or affiliates who assist us in providing you the services;
- Where other third parties appointed by Hazaway require access to your personal information, held by us, in order to provide a service – in which case those third parties must keep the personal information confidential other than for the purpose of performing that service; or
- Where legally required to do so.
How we hold and store your personal information
Your personal information is held electronically on a “server”.
Management and Security
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have taken all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We have electronic and procedural safeguards to ensure that your personal information is protected. Data stored electronically is protected by both internal and external firewalls, and access to electronic records is limited by passwords. Only staff with a password have access to all information on the system and files can be designated read-only or no access. We have secure methods to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed.
Access to your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date, having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure. We rely on the personal information we hold about you to efficiently provide our services. To assist us to keep our records up-to-date, please contact us via the contact details in this policy with any changes to your personal information.
If you become aware of any misuse, loss or any authorised access, modification or disclosure of your personal information held us, please notify us immediately using the contact details provided in this policy.
If we suspect that a data breach has occurred, we will promptly investigate the incident and take reasonable steps to remedy the data breach.
Where it is ascertained that a breach has actually occurred and where required by law, we will notify the Privacy Commissioner and affected individuals as soon as practicable after becoming aware that a data breach has occurred.
Complaints and Concerns
We have procedures in place for dealing with complaints and concerns about our practices in relation to the Privacy Act, the APPs and any alleged breach of this Policy. We will respond to your complaint in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Privacy Act.
For any privacy related queries, please contact us at:
- By Post:
Hazaway Operations Pty Ltd
2/4 Bridge Road, Keysborough, VIC 3173
- By Email
Attention: Privacy Officer